What is Hand Scraped Hardwood Flooring?
Hand scraped engineered wood floors have taken over the flooring business. You couldn’t have said that 40 years ago, when technical flooring was still in its growing stage; but now we have wood floors that are man-made and smoothed to suit any style.
What is Hand Scraped Engineered Wood?
Engineered wood is a composite man-made product that is manufactured specifically for building purposes. It can be used for building structures, homes, offices, wall design and flooring perfecting.
Typically, engineered wood is made out of hardwoods and soft woods, bamboos, sawmill woods, veneers and planks. It may be customized into different textures, specifications and designs.
You can engineer:
- Densified wood
- Oriented strand board
- Laminated timber
- Laminated Veneer
- Beams, and so on.
Beyond understanding the technical make-up that distinguishes each of these designs, you also need to know the specifications that will determine the suitability for your flooring. While some engineered wood can effectively take the place of steel in a building, another could be intricately designed in shapes to suit a building’s floors. It all depends on what you want and how you want it. That is why it is pertinent that you procure the services of a professional before making any final choice.
(You can contact Toscana Floorings for recommendations, responses, and insight)
Why Hand Scraped Engineered Wood?
Quality that makes the difference; hand scraped engineered wood is known for elegance and beauty, especially when installed by experts.
Here are some reasons you should consider using hand scraped engineered wood:
- It is laminated against damage typically attributable to rot, bugs, and even water. Hand scraped engineered wood is available in many designs that allow lasting usage and longevity. For instance, the waterproof core flooring and vinyl flooring with heightened water resistance.
- It settles with a smooth texture and feel when in place. Hand scraped engineered wood floors are well-processed; they not only look good, but also carry a smooth surface and texture.
- It is well-polished and smells of new furniture. Need I point out the rich brownish or coloured texture that has a look of elegance?
- It is available in various intricate designs and may be customized however you’d like. Quality is probably the most fascinating aspect of hand scraped engineered wood. You can have your flooring customized with engineered wood floors by way of designs, notes, inscriptions, and so on.
- They are available in various sizes, thickness and are very sturdy. Size and thickness also vary depending on your preferences.
- Hardwood is the latest thing. If you need flooring that delivers a sharp modern look, then you should buy hand scraped engineered wood.