Elegant Wood Flooring for Your Home or Office
Some homeowners avoid opting for hardwood flooring, usually due to budget constraints. Instead, they opt for carpet or linoleum, the “cheaper” alternatives. However, the benefits of hardwood flooring far exceed its cost. In the long run, you’ll be able to save more money and energy by choosing hardwood flooring. Here are the many benefits of wood flooring:
- High quality wood flooring is durable. It lasts for decades and is relatively low-maintenance. It’ll take many years before restoration is required. Linoleum flooring needs regular replacement as is less durable and more susceptible to damage caused by everyday wear and tear. Carpets are prone to getting stained, torn, and frayed, and therefore normally require replacement about every five years. Initially, carpeting and linoleum can seem like the better bargain because they’re cheaper, but maintenance and replacement will end up costing more.
- Cleaning wood flooring is obviously easier than cleaning carpeting. Sweeping and light vacuuming is enough to keep it in perfect condition. Damp mopping is the most you can do for wood flooring. Carpets, however, are a different story. Maintenance can be quiet costly for carpeting.
- When it comes to health and air quality, wood flooring is superior to carpets, especially if you have pets. Carpets are a known breeding ground for parasites, like fleas and dust mites. Furthermore, they’re also traps for dust and various allergens. If you have family members who suffer from allergies, you’ll be doing them a huge favor by ditching carpeting and switchin to wood flooring. Not only will this smart move save you money in the long run, but it will also spare your loved ones unnecessary discomfort.
- Wood flooring is cozy, making your home so much more welcoming. Carpeting, on the other hand, tend to retain nasty odors from spills and ‘accidents’ caused by pets or small children. Obviously, this can be easily taken care of by sending it for carpet cleaning immediately. The cost can add up, though.
- Having wood flooring helps keep your home warm.
- Like all materials, wood flooring can also earn scratches and damage in the long run. Still, the restoration process (sanding, sealing, and refinishing) is still cheaper than buying a whole new carpet.
- The natural look of wood never goes out of style. Linoleum patterns and carpet fashion change from time to time, but wood possesses a timeless appeal. It also adds a warm and cozy feeling to your home.
Moreover, if you wish to sell your home, wood flooring is more appealing to buyers. According to real estate agents, homes with wood flooring sell twice as fast. If you’re interested in wood flooring, call Toscana Floorings!